Short on time? Too busy to declutter?
Here are 5 quick ways to declutter on an average weekday.
- Whilst cooking. Just put some pasta on to boil or popped a pizza in the oven? Use those five minutes to open a drawer or cupboard in your kitchen and see what you can let go of. Maybe your utensil pot is overflowing, or your pan drawer is crammed full. Have you used it in the last 3 months? How many baking trays or Tupperware pots do you really need? Donate or recycle.
- When getting ready for bed. Take an extra minute or two to have a rummage through your drawers. When was the last time you wore those baggy old pyjamas? Be honest. Opening a drawer or wardrobe to see clothes that you love and you feel good wearing, will bring you joy!
- Whilst brushing your teeth. Use those 2 minutes (dentists orders), to go through a shelf in your bathroom cupboard. Return any expired or unused medicines to the pharmacy. Get out any half-used toiletries and use them up.
- Your car. Next time you are in your car, take a minute to pick up any rubbish. Return items to the house or garage. Having a tidy car can make a big difference to your overall feeling of calm!
- Whilst making a cup of coffee. Waiting for the kettle to boil is a great opportunity to declutter. Get the milk out and take an extra minute to look through your fridge. Get rid of those empty, crusty condiment jars! Throw out anything past it’s use by date. Order your produce by their best before date, so that you don’t end up wasting food and money. You will also be able to see what needs to be eaten that day for dinner!
I hope these simple ideas help.
Just try one and see if it makes a difference.
Get in touch with me today to arrange an appointment.